Laptop Battery

Retiredidiot 17:03 05 Jun 2009

I need a new battery for my laptop. There plenty of companies around that have them but I am a wary of dealing with companies that I've never heard of. Can anyone recommend a reputable company?

Thanks

Taff™ 17:30 05 Jun 2009

Go to amazon.co.uk and look for the laptop battery there being sold by Cambridge Accessories - I have used them twice and their prices and service is first class. You will need to check the exact size of the pin details but if you`re not sure I suggest you e-mail them.

Retiredidiot 18:30 05 Jun 2009

Unfortunately they didn't have my battery.
Global-Batteries do have it, I have never heard of them but that doesn't mean much! Anyone have experience of them?

Taff™ 10:15 06 Jun 2009

Tell me the make and model of the laptop or the part number of the battery. I`ll check with some of my other suppliers. To be honest I think that most of the amazon suppliers are trustworthy but let`s see.

Retiredidiot 10:41 06 Jun 2009

It's a Compaq(HP) C300 Part Number of battery is 395751-321 Global do it and they advertise on this site, does that mean they are ok?

Thanks for your help.

johndrew 11:29 06 Jun 2009

I always check the information in `About Us` (generally at the bottom of the site page) as it gives a fair amount of information on a company - especially the address and `phone number.

Often a quick telephone call to assess the Customer Service will give confidence or putting the company name into a search engine will provide either good or bad reports.

Retiredidiot 13:12 06 Jun 2009

I have ordered one from Global,checked their site and customer services and they seem ok.

Thanks all of you for your advice.

Retiredidiot 10:28 09 Jun 2009

Just to let you know my new battery arrived this morning, only ordered on Sat. Very good service and all working well.

peter99co 16:49 10 Jun 2009

Ordered To-day from Global. Arrive Sat?

peter99co 14:40 12 Jun 2009

Postman delivered at 11.40 Friday

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?