Laptop audio "in" port ?

  Magik ®© 21:47 03 Sep 2004

could someone please tell me if these ports include an audio "in", for connecting the hi-fi to, I wondered if it might be called something else...

Ports: 1 x FIR (IrDA 1.1).SIR/ASKIR, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x IEEE 1394, 1 x 25-Pin EPP/ECP, 1 x Serial, 1 x PS/2, 1 x Headphone Jack, 1 x Microphone Jack, 1 x S/PDIF, 1 x S-Video, 1 x DVI port, 1 x RJ45 (Internal 10/100/1000Mbps LAN), 1 x RJ11 (Internal 56K Modem


  Diodorus Siculus 22:53 03 Sep 2004

Don't think so... unless the microphone will suffice.

  Magik ®© 07:26 04 Sep 2004

thanks for that, i will think again....

  Ribeye 11:29 15 Oct 2005

Don't think so, but take a look at this site click here.

Its available from AMAZON

  Magik ®© 21:31 15 Oct 2005

Thanks, that is just the thing, nice one.

  Stuartli 22:13 15 Oct 2005

You should be able to use the SPDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) for the audio providing the device you are using has an SPDIF interface as well; cables are easily available.


click here

  woodchip 22:16 15 Oct 2005

It's line out or earphone socket to connect to Hi-Fi but if you connect to Earphone turn the volume on the Hi-Fi down to zero and slow turn up as you may blow the speakers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review: Hands-on

How to add texture to hand-drawn artworks

Best free iPad apps 2018

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?