LAPTOP AUDIO & VIDEO GOES OFF WITH LAPTOP STILL ON

60bowens 10:58 13 Aug 2018

Hi my Dell Inspiron 1520,with windows 7 pro,2GB,has lately been having issues of video and audio turning off while laptop still stays on!!!. it happens randomly,sometimes 2 mins into starting the laptop.I have cleaned the fan and it is functionoing properly.Sometimes it works for hours at a stretch!!. Could any of you help me out?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:27 13 Aug 2018

open a command prompt and run

sfc /scannow

press enter and let windows find and repair any missing or corrupt windows files.

if that doesn't work then run a memory test.

wee eddie 13:52 13 Aug 2018

Sometimes, when the keyboard, mouse or touchpad are not being used, a laptop put itself into "sleep mode". It does not understand that you are listening to music or watching a movie

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:23 13 Aug 2018

sometimes 2 mins into starting the laptop

I don't think its sleep mode.

60bowens 18:47 17 Aug 2018

ran fsc/scannow(did say it found errors) and memory diagnostic. also increased RAM to 4GB from 2GB. Yet the problem presists!! any other advice?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9