Lappy left button collapsed... AGAIN!

AngeTheHippy 11:59 16 Dec 2015

Morning Chaps, The last lappy I had was a Toshiba. One most annoying this was, the left button sort of collapsed on the left side of the button, needing to press it HARD for a response. Well, the exact same thing has happened to this Samsung I use now!! Why would this happen please? What can I do to rectify it?

Thanks

Ange X

wee eddie 12:43 16 Dec 2015

It might just be the way you hit it.

AngeTheHippy 13:02 16 Dec 2015

Valuable comment Wee Eddie..................... ;-)

AngeTheHippy 14:39 18 Dec 2015

Well, I'm no further forward with this. Anyone technically-minded that can offer advice please? It's sending me BATS!!!!!

alanrwood 15:18 18 Dec 2015

Fit a new keyboard. Probably available on eBay at a reasonable price.

xania 15:20 18 Dec 2015

I presume you are referring to the left mouse button. Those laptop mice are a nuisance. Get a USB mouse and use that - far more responsive and cheap to replace!!

Jollyjohn 15:52 18 Dec 2015

You could try this - Go to control panel - hardware - mouse and swap the buttons, as if you were left handed. Then your right button would act as the left. If you need the right button option use, Shift + F10

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 18 Dec 2015

If its driving you BATS - turn the laptop upside down and do as JB suggested :0)

have you tried taking it apart and seeing where the problem lies - unusual as its two different makes of laptop.

AngeTheHippy 19:21 24 Jan 2016

Just to let ya know, I gave up and have purchased a wireless mouse, works perfectly well and cost a tenner... 8-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Black Friday 2018 : date, sites participants & bons plans