Lappy left button collapsed... AGAIN!

AngeTheHippy 11:59 16 Dec 2015

Morning Chaps, The last lappy I had was a Toshiba. One most annoying this was, the left button sort of collapsed on the left side of the button, needing to press it HARD for a response. Well, the exact same thing has happened to this Samsung I use now!! Why would this happen please? What can I do to rectify it?

Thanks

Ange X

wee eddie 12:43 16 Dec 2015

It might just be the way you hit it.

AngeTheHippy 13:02 16 Dec 2015

Valuable comment Wee Eddie..................... ;-)

AngeTheHippy 14:39 18 Dec 2015

Well, I'm no further forward with this. Anyone technically-minded that can offer advice please? It's sending me BATS!!!!!

alanrwood 15:18 18 Dec 2015

Fit a new keyboard. Probably available on eBay at a reasonable price.

xania 15:20 18 Dec 2015

I presume you are referring to the left mouse button. Those laptop mice are a nuisance. Get a USB mouse and use that - far more responsive and cheap to replace!!

Jollyjohn 15:52 18 Dec 2015

You could try this - Go to control panel - hardware - mouse and swap the buttons, as if you were left handed. Then your right button would act as the left. If you need the right button option use, Shift + F10

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 18 Dec 2015

If its driving you BATS - turn the laptop upside down and do as JB suggested :0)

have you tried taking it apart and seeing where the problem lies - unusual as its two different makes of laptop.

AngeTheHippy 19:21 24 Jan 2016

Just to let ya know, I gave up and have purchased a wireless mouse, works perfectly well and cost a tenner... 8-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?