Keylogger Avice

ACOLYTE 11:12 22 Apr 2005

Hi, Having just scanned with MSSpyware it found
an item called NS Keylogger Personal Monitor(keylogger) this was a surprise so on further checking i found it was accociated with spywareblaster unins000.exe,now im not sure weather to delete it or not i have been running spyware blaster for sometime and never had anythin like this before,if i delete it would spywareblaster fail to work or not uninstall,advice please.

Technotiger 11:17 22 Apr 2005

Hi friend - not familiar with it myself, but you may get some reassurance here -

click here

Cheers.

ACOLYTE 11:26 22 Apr 2005

Thx,having read the pages in the clickhere i think im going to delete it i cant see it being part of spywareblaster and i know i didnt download such a program so to the bin it goes.
If i have a problem after with spywareblaster i will post another thread,TY.

Technotiger 11:30 22 Apr 2005

Right - just keep it in your bin for a day or two- see how it goes, then get-rid.

Cheers.

gudgulf 11:34 22 Apr 2005

Open SpywareBlaster......check that all items are innoculated against.Then Delete the offending item and check with SpywareBlaster again.If all are still innoculated against you have removed a nasty....if you now find 1 item that is not innoculated then MS Antispyware has picked up a killbot from SpywareBlaster.

I too have both programs,but this has not happened to me.The above is the check I use in such circumstances.

rawprawn 12:35 22 Apr 2005

I came up with the same result after updating and scanning with MS Antispyware, but I had just downloaded a new version of Real Player after a security issue with the earlier version so I suspected that NS Keyloogger was in there. I have deleted NS Keylooger and it has made no difference to Spywareblaster.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 13:17 22 Apr 2005

what a suprise I also just done a scan with ms anti spy also have the pesky ns key logger to going to remove chears chapse

rubella 13:48 22 Apr 2005

gudgulf is spot on, I've replicated it twice.

wee eddie 13:48 22 Apr 2005

This is a common posting, but not specifically to do with NS Keylogger Personal Monitor(keylogger).

When you finally find the suspect file, have a butchers at it's installation date!

Frequently, when one scans with a free version of a new blocker, it finds some such item. The solution is, of course, to buy the software to remove the problem.

Paranoia may be my middle name, but I cannot help but think that some of these, so called problems, arrive with the "Scanning" package.

ACOLYTE 19:47 22 Apr 2005

Thx all for the help/advice i have quarantined this item so was that the right thing to do? and will spywareblaster still work as it should now or do i need to put it back.Im not sure how to check if things are innoculated.

ACOLYTE 19:59 22 Apr 2005

Ok,lol i finally worked out what to do(slow i know) i opened spywareblaster and it still says everything is protected,sorry im not so pc literate as i thought.

Thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?