Keyboard problems

Bob Bob™ 18:12 19 Dec 2004

For some reason when I for example press @ it will come up on the screen ". How do I fix it? I am running on XP home.

VoG II 18:13 19 Dec 2004

Control Panel, Regional and Language settings. Make sure everything is set to English (UK).

bremner 18:13 19 Dec 2004

You may have the keyboard set to US - where you will find the @ key at shift 2 (I think).

To change you need to go to Control Panel > Regional Settings > Languages

Bob Bob™ 18:16 19 Dec 2004

Merry Christmas

braiman 16:52 21 Feb 2005

I cannot change the keyboard from english usa to english british i have tried the regional setting that says british but the change language at the keyboard properties will not change I get a message "file kbduk.kbd not found insert disk labelled windows millenim edition" I do this and retry I then get "unknown fault." I have searched microsoft knowledge base but without success can anyone advise please? thanks braiman

Silly Me 18:10 17 Mar 2005

I had same problem after reinstalling Windows XP and tried all of the recommended measures but to no avail. BUT BOY I've just succeeded and now have my @ and £ on the correct keys. At bottom right corner of screen there is an EN - right click, and select 'settings'. A dialogue box headed 'Text Services & Input Langagues' will appear. click on "English (United Kingdom), click on 'APPLY', then OK. This has finally worked for me (even my Word is now defaulting to English UK and I didn't have to restart the pc). Jerronimo!!!!!!!!!! OH BOY AM I CHUFFED.

dabthoms 19:18 17 Mar 2005

I've got a wireless keyboard, Microsoft Wireless Optical Elite and have it set to English (United Kingdom) the @ key gives ", the hash key gives £ and the " key gives me @. Fortunately the only time I get it wrong is if I'm looking at the keys, all other times I hit the correct ones. It can be vexing at times but I can't alter them.

Silly Me 14:40 18 Mar 2005

All my defaults settings were English UK but still I was having problems until i discovered the EN way - why don't you try it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?