keyboard problem

Ranger 19:51 07 Dec 2007

My daughter has a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. One of the character keys "page down" has come off the keyboard and I can't re-attach it. I wouldn't attempt to open the laptop up myself. Can this be fixed easily for example by a competent repair shop or back to Dell. Warranty long gone. The function "page down " still works with the remaining rubber button. Any suggestions?

MCE2K5 19:54 07 Dec 2007

Possable answer, click here

Ranger 20:07 07 Dec 2007

Thanks for the link MCE2K5. Have tried to push it back on without success and have fiddled with it today for two hours without success. I may try glue but only as a last resort.

Technotiger 20:16 07 Dec 2007

If you have a friendly PC shop nearby, why not take it into the shop and ask if they could do it for you - if it is going to be able to be clicked back into place, that should only take them a minute or so.

Glue should be absolutely the last choice - double-sided sellotape sticky-pad might be better, just cut a small piece off a corner of a pad.

Ranger 11:02 08 Dec 2007

Thanks Technotiger for that. I hadn't thought of using double sided tape. i have a shop near to where I work that has a good reputation. I'll try them first. Thanks to all for your contributions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique