Keyboard not working at all

PC_HelpMe 18:40 11 Nov 2016

Hello all,

My keyboard has stopped working. When I switch my pc on all 3 of the number, caps and scroll lock lights on the keyboard flash on and go off straight away, they then flash on and off once again a few seconds later as the computer is booting up but they then go off and stay off. It does have a moon button, a sunshine button and a power icon(?) button but if I've inadvertently pressed one of them I can't seem to get it switched back on.

It doesn't appear to be showing in my device manager at all - there isn't a keyboard tab?

My computer does have the option of being a touch screen but I've never used it as a touch screen. Any ideas what could be wrong with the keyboard?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:11 11 Nov 2016

What kind of keyboard?

USB wired or wireless?

windows 10?

PC_HelpMe 19:30 11 Nov 2016

It is an old wired keyboard from an older of that I had which worked on vista. I've had it on this newer pc (working on windows 7) for a few years.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:35 11 Nov 2016

USB or PS2?

It may be under Human Interface Devices in device manager

PC_HelpMe 19:47 11 Nov 2016

It's got a purple connection at the end of the cable which goes into a purple keyboard socket on the back.

I have dug out a wireless one now which works so maybe will just keep the wireless one on (but I do like to find out whether devices can be fixed or if they're utterly caput).

I will still check under human interfaces to see if it's disappeared entirely from my device manager.

PC_HelpMe 20:04 11 Nov 2016

Yes I think I'll just disconnect it and get rid rather than waste time on it any more - it's certainly old.

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)