Keyboard not working

Desperate-Dan 11:34 14 Oct 2008

Hi, I'm trying to help a friend, her keyboard works one day then not the next, its not the keyboard because I've tried another keyboard that I know is working ok, as I say some days it works then it won't, also some times if you move the the keyboard the pc boots up, I've never seen that before but it true, could it be a short circuit in the pc

pcgeeek 11:42 14 Oct 2008

Not sure but if it isn't the keyboard maybe it could be the power supply to the keyboard or even the keyboard port itself? Have you checked that all the pins are fine? If you have ruled out the actual pysical keyboard then look at the other options?

Desperate-Dan 11:52 14 Oct 2008

thanks for the prompt reply,I tied a usb keyboard and that won't work, how do you explain the pc booting up when you move the keyboard, that happens when it is working

baldydave 13:17 14 Oct 2008

Sounds like a loose ps2 keyboard socket on the motherboard it many have become unsoldered making contact now and then.
Make sure usb support is enabled in the bios then usb keyboard should work,press del or f2 key on pc start up to enter bios,it will say as pc starts to enter set up press del or f2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?