Keyboard not being detected at startup

Jake___89 12:19 25 Jul 2018

Lately I have been trying to upgrade my computer from windows 10 32bit to 64 bit. I have installed all the files for 64 bit on a USB. I need to be able to boot from the USB. However when i startup my computer the keyboard is not being recognized and i cannot press any keys to start BIOS and run the USB. I have tried multiple keyboards.

And i have Attempted switching between different USB ports and still nothing changes. I have a MSI Z97 PC mate motherboard and usb keyboard and mouse.

Just to note my keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine once i get to the windows log in screen.

wiganken2 13:48 25 Jul 2018

I assume your CPU is a 64-bit processor? If not then you can't run a 64-bit OS. click here

Secret-Squirrel 15:51 25 Jul 2018

..........when i startup my computer the keyboard is not being recognized and i cannot press any keys to start BIOS................my keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine once i get to the windows log in screen.

In that case I'm afraid you'll need to find an old-style PS/2 keyboard. It connects to the round light-purple socket. Hopefully you've got one somewhere or you could ask your friends or workplace and see if you can borrow one.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs