Keyboard and LED monitor will not connect to comp

tjm8679 14:26 28 Mar 2018
Answered

Hello!

I just built a computer and I am having trouble connecting my keyboard and LED monitor.

They keyboard is a HAVIT gaming keyboard and mouse. The mouse works in every USB port, but the keyboard works for about 5 minutes then turns off. The monitor does not connect to the computer at all. All I get is the "No Signal" boc on the monitor. I have tried HDMI, VGA, and DVI cables and none work.

The motherboard is a MSI b350m gaming pro and the Graphics card is a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card.

I have not been able to install Windows yet since I cannot see BIOS setup.

I connected the keyboard and monitor to another computer, and they work then. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks in advance!

tjm8679 14:34 29 Mar 2018

I haven't tried another keyboard since I do not have a screen to work with and to test everything but I plugged the keyboard into another comp and it works fine. I'm thinking the issue may be a MB problem so I am talking to the MB manufacturer

tjm8679 14:51 29 Mar 2018

AS for the Graphics card/ monitor problem, am I able to change the refresh rate to 144 HZ once I get through BIOS/ Windows setup? Or do I have to return this monitor and get a 60 HZ one. Because as of right now I'd rather just get a cheap monitor and run BIOS then use this one if I can

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:27 29 Mar 2018

HAve you tried connect to a flat screen TV via the HDMi to see if you get a signal?

tjm8679 15:29 29 Mar 2018

I tried but the only TV I have is 120 Hz

tjm8679 03:58 30 Mar 2018

Update on the monitor issue.

I did get a 60 Hz monitor and it still does not work. I took apart the whole computer and re- assembled it and it still does not connect

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review

Inside the new Apple Mac Pro: an in-depth look at Apple’s most powerful hardware yet

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Apple MacBook Pro 16 pouces : prix et fiche technique