keyboard keys wont hold continuously

thekidster1 13:35 08 Feb 2019

I'm currently having a problem with my computer related to holding down keys, for example when playing games there are prompts too hold down keys, like reviving team-mates and such. However, i can't hold down these keys without the bar constantly resetting. This issue would be a quick solve if there was a pattern to the presses, but their isn't. For example, if i were pressing 'E', instead of looking like this. 'EEEEE E E E E E E' it looks something like this 'EEEEEE EEE E EEEEEE'. To further add to my confusion, i have recently (Yesterday) gotten myself a new keyboard, to see if the issue was related to the keyboard itself. This hasn't solved my issue, and i have tried fixes such as making sure the devices can't be shut off to save power, and double checking that all of the hotkeys for things like filter keys or sticky keys are disabled and turned off. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

theDarkness 20:02 08 Feb 2019

Try the same act again, but with other USB or connected devices unplugged if possible, to make sure that nothing else is causing a minor conflict. Make sure the drivers for all your usual connected devices are up to date. If holding down keys is still available for other actions other than reviving team-mates, test in offline mode if there is one, and change your graphics or display settings in the game to a lower level to rule out the problem being related to hardware, the internet or game servers. Make sure the game is also up to date. If no other software has a similar problem, then consider posting your question on an official forum for the game, or contacting the developer.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?