keyboard buttons

  [DELETED] 14:39 01 Sep 2003

Is there a site where i can find out what the keys are for.i only know the letters.

  [DELETED] 14:44 01 Sep 2003

Try going into: Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Character Map. See if that helps with what you want.

  [DELETED] 15:34 01 Sep 2003

Are you referring to the "Function" keys, F1 through F12? also the keys with other titles, [Ctrl/Alt/Del. etc. j.

  [DELETED] 15:51 01 Sep 2003

i just want a general idea as what there for.

  [DELETED] 16:11 01 Sep 2003

click here will give you a good idea of which keys do what. Regards. j.

  [DELETED] 16:21 01 Sep 2003

If you also open any program on your PC. "Word" for example, then use your mouse to click on the "File" Icon on the toolbar, a drop-down menu will appear giving you options to choose from. Look to the right of the menu, you will see the function key that you can use instead of the mouse.

New. Ctrl. and N

Save. Ctrl. and S

Print. Ctrl. and P

The list is quite long, but once you start to remember the keys, you'll find it much quicker than using the mouse. j.

  mammak 16:37 01 Sep 2003

try this
click here

  mammak 16:46 01 Sep 2003

sorry that didnt work we will try again
click here

  mammak 16:57 01 Sep 2003
  [DELETED] 17:18 01 Sep 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?