Keyboard Blues

Mr. T 20:55 22 Sep 2005

Hi, I have a slight problem with a new keyboard that I bought recently. The make and model is Microsoft Multimedia.
Everything works fine apart from keys such as F1 TO F12 and some combination keys like Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and so on.
I have not tried all the combinations, but I’m assuming that if the simple ones don’t work, then I’m sure the more complicated ones don’t either.
The funny thing is that there are four short cut keys on the top right hand titled media, mail, web/home, messenger and they all work fine.
So, the question is, how do I get everything else working?
Please help.

stalion 20:59 22 Sep 2005

go to start,control panel,keyboard and run the troubleshooter to see if it can help with your problem

shizzy 21:52 22 Sep 2005

Is there an F Lock key perhaps above the the Num Lock, toggle this to use between F keys and whatever else they are used for.

DieSse 22:32 22 Sep 2005

"Everything works fine apart from keys such as F1 TO F12 and some combination keys like Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and so on"

What happens then? - you didn't really say

Mr. T 20:49 23 Sep 2005

Thanks for your replies.
I have tried the first solution of unistalling the keyboard and installing it again, but it does not work as the same driver is loaded up again, as for the F key, well hey presto, how could it be so simle?
I have got some response from some of the F keys. Thank you for your suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?