kernel32.dll

Jackcoms 13:12 11 Mar 2003

I have an old Win95 machine which has suddenly started producing errors in Outlook Express and Shockmachine. In each case the fault details are 'Invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll'.

I decided to install a new kernel32 and downloaded a zipped file from the ZDNet site.

However, I cannot delete the old kernel32 or overwrite it with the new zipped file as I get a message that the file is in use. I assume that Windows is using the file. How do I delete the existing file or overwrite it from the zip file?

woodchip 13:22 11 Mar 2003

Copy the file to a floppy disc, then start your computer with a startup floppy disc at the A:\> remove the floppy and put the floppy in the drive with the kernel32 file on it then type it should look like the following

A:\>copy *.* C:\Windows\System and press enter it will ask if you want to overwrite choose yes. Note the space after copy and before C:\

Jackcoms 13:37 11 Mar 2003

Woodchip

Thanks for this. The zip file is already on a floppy. I'll try it tonight.

Jackcoms 13:38 11 Mar 2003

Woodchip

Jackcoms 13:38 11 Mar 2003

Woodchip

Jackcoms 13:42 11 Mar 2003

Woodchip

Jackcoms 13:47 11 Mar 2003

Woodchip

Jackcoms 15:08 11 Mar 2003

Sorry about the multiple posts. I was getting 'Page not Available' screens and didn't know that my post had actully posted!

woodchip 15:29 11 Mar 2003

It will not be any good as a zip file you will have to extract before windows can recognise it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?