Keeps Minimising to task bar in Win 10

Damarc 18:30 19 Dec 2015

I have found that if I save something when I already have a couple of files open in Excel, Word etc. plus my Thunderbird email programme, the screen reverts to Win 10 start screen and I have to click back on the relevant icon in the task bar to bring back the file I am using. In excel today it would come up to screen but as soon as I clicked on it to continue working it minimised again. It's driving me potty. Any ideas how to counteract it please.

Forum Editor 18:31 20 Dec 2015

I'm sorry that you've waited so long for a response. If you're still having th problem, try this - if it doesn't work we'll think again:-

Press the Windows key plus the X key on your keyboard, a dialogue box will appear.

Look down the list and select 'Command Prompt (Admin)'

When the command prompt appears, type:- sfc /scannow and hit enter. When the scan has finished, restart your computer, and keep your fingers crossed.

Post back here if it doesn't solve the problem.

Damarc 13:13 21 Dec 2015

Thanks but it didn't change anything, except that Excel did manage to stay on the file screen although any change of file sent it to task bar again. The scan did not show anything up. I find that I can't control Windows updates as to whether I want them or not, they just arrive now and I think this happened after a set of updates. Is it likely to be anything to do with that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?