Hot Topics

Keep losing Internet Connection (approx hourly)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:36 10 Jan 2017
Answered

For the last few days I keep losing the Internet on a regular basis.

Router - all lights stay blue but wireless lost to phone / tablet and Chromecast. Only thing that seems to work is a reset of the BT HH2 then its back OK for the next hourish.

Dropped out about 4 times today since 11 o'clock

Only new equipment added is a Chomecast last week, worked OK upstairs in same room as router but when moved to TV downstairs Saturday, thats when the troubles seem to start, coincidence?

Any Ideas welcome. Hub dying?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:18 21 Mar 2017

Now getting the DNS server failed to respond wonder if its because its started to rain?

difarn 16:46 21 Mar 2017

Have you tried flushing your DNS? Could be a problem with your internet provider of course.

Do you get the same problem if you connect by ethernet?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 21 Mar 2017

Am connected by cable 1m run to router.

Flushing DNS etc. does nothing only a router reset seems to work and that's an immediate reconnection to network and internet when router has completed its reset.

difarn 18:36 21 Mar 2017

Is your router firmware up to date?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:02 21 Mar 2017

Yes and still doing it with network disconnected so probably not homeplugs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 23 Mar 2017

Failed overnight with no browsers open

Could not connect this morning got DNSPROBEFINISHEDBADCONFIG the DNS server is not responding.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:03 04 May 2017
Answer

OK the saga continues - slow loading and drop outs then last Friday no Internet at all.

Spent hours on the phone to the ISP and BT on Sataurday the resuslt of which both say no faults on the line and ISP are sending a new router even though I've tried three different routers and connected direct to the engineers socket in the master socket.

New Router arrived to day (bright box) still power wireless and BB lights lit be internet light flashing amber.

After another 2 hours on the phone to ISP they have now reset everything at their end and finally I'm back online.

Hope fully this will cure the slow connections and drop outs so lets see how it goes.

Probably nothing to do with the Chromecast after all :0)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:08 04 May 2017

Just to make you smile. Good old EE have sent me several e- mails this week informing me they are working on my loss of Broad band fault.

Bit hard to pick up the emails when I have no connection! :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €