Keep away from my toolbars - please

PA28 14:10 09 Dec 2003

Have just logged into Helproom and my toolbars were immediately taken over by a nasty back and green version bearing the AMD logo on the left. Now I don't particularly like popups, but recognise them as a necessary evil. But commandeering my screen like this is simply not on. I logged out and after the display jumped around a bit, it reverted to normal. Logged back in and it's stayed normal - so far.

Please PCA - don't tinker with the top of the screen. If you do, I'm out of here for keeps.

PA28 14:28 09 Dec 2003

Are you usually as rude as this? I don't presume to tell PCA what to do with their site at all, but I do know that they welcome (and usually react to) feedback.

Is it not an unwritten rule that webmasters can do what they wish with the main screen area, but should leave the windows toobars alone? PCA are most professional with this site and I was surprised when the entire screen was taken - particularly when the display wobbled to get itself back to normal.

PA28 14:45 09 Dec 2003

Strange that - I did a search and nothing came up relating to the title bar, hence my post. As far as postings regarding advertising per se on the site is concerned, I've seen many over the last two and a bit years I've been posting and have agreed with the PCA stance (I used to manage a very large portfolio of display advertising sites for a living, so have a total understanding of what it's there for!). I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem when it destabilises my system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Forza Horizon 4 review

This embroidered stop motion music video for They Might Be Giants is a monster spotter's dream

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment faire la mise à jour d’un Mac vers macOS Mojave ?