kazaa - help please!!!!

prozac1947 21:33 02 May 2003

Once again I have big problems!! I thought that Kazaa media looked interesting and installed it. Things started freezing, I remembered that I had installed this in my old comp and had problems - so I uninstalled it this morning.

I have had nothing but problems since - all connected to Internet Explorer, here are some of the messages:
An erros has ocurred in the script on this page, Script error Line 438 Char 8 Error - expected Programme C:\windows.000\explorer.exe.R06023
Error wuauboot. Error Kernel 32dll. Error MSVBVM60:dll.
About every 2 mins I get a different Internet Explorer message which closes down the internet.

I tried to uninstall but it wouldn't, I put in a disc to re-install it but said: C\Programmes Files\Common Files\Microsoft shared|MS Info|ieinfo5.ocx and C\Programme~1\INTERN~1\Connection Wizard\trialoz dll

I have just seen a postin on Kazaa and comments that it causes lots of probs and I am seriously worried as this comp is only a couple of months old !!!!
Also I cannot get into my beloved MSN Gaming Zone - to play cribbage AAGHHHHHH!!!!! please, please any positive advice.

pat2068 21:57 02 May 2003

I had the same problem with kazaa went into safe mode and uninstalled it using the search wizard i now use kazaalite and no problems

VoG™ 22:05 02 May 2003

A lesson learnt I think.

VoG™ 22:10 02 May 2003

The Guide - FAQ - General questions

General questions
Why did my participation level go back to medium when I upgraded to the latest version of Kazaa Media Desktop and how fast will I get my normal level back?
Do I have to pay to use Kazaa Media Desktop (KMD)?
I have paid money to use Kazaa Media Desktop or something similar and I cant download it, it won't run properly or I'm just not happy about it.
Can you remove the advertising?
Can I burn files on to a CD?
How can I uninstall Kazaa Media Desktop?
What is 'My Participation Level'?
I have forgotten my password, what should I do?
Why did my participation level go back to medium when I upgraded to the latest version of Kazaa Media Desktop and how fast will I get my normal level back?
Participation levels are a representation of your recent sharing pattern and are not accumulated over long periods of time. They are based on the ratio between your recent uploads and downloads. If you habitually share then your participation level will rise again in a short period of time.

back to top...

Do I have to pay to use Kazaa Media Desktop (KMD)?
No you do not have to pay anything. Sharman Networks' costs are covered through advertising. If you are charged anything for KMD or something similar you can be sure it is a counterfeit product.

back to top...

I have paid money to use Kazaa Media Desktop or something similar and I can’t download it, it won’t run properly or I’m just not happy about it.

Sharman Networks distributes the Kazaa Media Desktop software free of charge, and does not authorize others to charge for its free product or any variations of its product. The support or our advertisers and bundling partners allows Sharman Networks to provide the Kazaa Media Desktop software without charge.

If you have ever been asked to pay for the Kazaa Media Desktop, then it has been by unscrupulous companies who are unrelated to Sharman Networks, and likely involves a modified or outdated version of the software. There is only one authentic Kazaa Media Desktop software application, which can be downloaded from click here or via click here, the only authorized download site.

If you paid for the Kazaa Media Desktop or unauthorized versions by bank or credit card, you may be able to dispute the charges. Please contact your banking institution to determine your options.

back to top...

Can you remove the advertising?
Sharman Networks' costs are covered through companies who advertise with us. We could not afford to continue to offer you such a quality product with continual upgrades and technical developments without this revenue.

back to top...

Can I burn files on to a CD?
You can burn files onto a CD for storage off your computer, however, you will need to use the software which came with your CD Burner or a separate piece of software, not Kazaa Media Desktop. Kazaa Media Desktop is not designed for this purpose.

back to top...

How can I uninstall Kazaa Media Desktop?
Kazaa Media Desktop (KMD) can be uninstalled through the usual process of going into the 'Control Panel' through the START menu and opening the 'Add/Remove Programs' option. Just find 'Kazaa Media Desktop' and click 'Change/Remove' then follow the prompts.

When you uninstall KMD, the My Shared Folder will remain since it may have files in it that you wish to keep.

In the unlikely event that you have any problems uninstalling KMD, you may have to go into the program files folder (or where it was installed) and delete it manually. Be careful that you do not delete the 'My Shared Folder' directory before copying/moving any files that you have downloaded or want to keep. The 'My Shared Folder' directory is usually located on your C drive, in 'Program Files', within the 'Kazaa' directory.

Then try to clean up your system usinf AdAware click here and spybot click here

Make sure that you have up to date anti virus and run a scan. If you do not have one click here

-pops- 07:07 03 May 2003

It was recommended above to install Kazaalite instead of Kazaa to protect you from undesirbles that come with the "non-lite" version.

This may well be so but, be warned that ANY program of this type (ANY should be double underlined) does, and will, leave you computer open to infestation and infection to all sort of things just by the fact that you are allowing it to be open to all and sundry as part of the P2P file sharing concept.

If you place any value on your machine and things contained therein, kepp well away.

Brian

powerless 07:16 03 May 2003

Do 'click here' (click there) on Mr VoG™'s links at the bottom of his post, do download, do install, do update and finally run a scan and see if they pick up anything.

Do 'click here' (click there) on Mr VoG™'s links at the bottom of his post, do download, do install, do update and finally run a scan and see if they pick up anything.

Oh no!

prozac1947 16:23 03 May 2003

It has taken me all day to get into here !!! Permanent Internet Explorer error messages. I put in Kazaa and uninstalled it without using it at all, as it caused probs immediately.
I am putting my current probs down to Kazaa but have remembered having the Internet Explorer error messages before installing Kazaa !!!!!!!!!
So - sorry to ask but really now need advice on correcting probs with Internet Explorer now.

Thanks to all for advice on Kazaa - but think I will leave well alone!!!!!!!!!! never again !!

rickf 16:26 03 May 2003

How about reinstalling IE and version 6 if you do.

VoG™ 16:27 03 May 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?