Kaspersky reseting

james66 19:12 23 Sep 2008

been trying to connect to the Internet on my laptop with no success.Running XP, Found the only way i can connect is to turn my Kaspersky off !!
Haven't changed any settings on it not loaded anything new.
Daughter was last on it !!!!
Tried looking at the kaspersky settings to see if anything obvious came up but can't find anything unto wards. Thought she might have clicked on "Don't allow "pop up when perhaps she should have allowed it .
Anyway is there a away of resetting it or the blocked lists ?
Thanks .

mfletch 19:20 23 Sep 2008

Right click your Kaspersky icon click kaspersky Internet security

Click system security>firewall>settings

is there anything in there that will help

pk46 19:27 23 Sep 2008

Thats why i got rid of Kaspersky i also got rid of Security Shield an off shoot of Kaspersky when first installed they work well then they start cutting websites off and i couldn't be bothered
tweaking the firewall.

james66 19:28 23 Sep 2008

Thanks mfletch ,tried all that .
Iv'e sorted it now tho just realised there was an option to "repair the application " so i just clicked on that .Seems ok now thanks .

Diversion 19:41 23 Sep 2008

I tried KIS 2009 but could not control any programs from gaining access to the internet; I like full control of which programs or temp files gain access to the internet. But I found that Kaspersky let everything through and as soon as I connected to the internet, my Vista security warned me of a dialler that was trying to access the internet and not the Kaspersky Internet Security which should have been the case. With that I re-installed my trusted Panda I/S.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?