Kaspersky AV

brundle 22:03 22 Apr 2008

I have v7.0.0.124 on CD with 3 licenses, installed on two machines, one of which is a Vista system and is being a pain with regards to installing SP1. The site has update downloads for a number of revisions of version 7 (click here). Does anyone know if you're restricted to the version number closest to that which you have installed or what came on the CD? I don't have immediate access to the machine(s) Kaspersky is installed on to check, and I don't want to waste a valid license key on a virtual machine installation.

Ashrich 23:29 22 Apr 2008

It looks like 7.0.1.325 is the latest version for that issue ( series 7 ) so it looks like you can update to that , it is usually the case with most things like that you can upgrade inside your current licence version , and click here , it seems they call it an UPDATE not an upgrade , I would imagine an update is just that , it updates the program .

Ashley

brundle 07:23 23 Apr 2008

Thanks, sorted. It just seems odd that they keep the older versions online & available is if they're specific, separate products when normally you'd have to hunt around looking for `older` versions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?