JPEG Image recovery

amonra 17:22 06 Jul 2007

I have just recovered some accidentally deleted photos off a memory card using a program called "Digital Image Recovery" as recommended by Woodchip some months back.
I have all 20 photos in a folder and each has a thumbnail named "cluster XXX.jpg" showing clearly what's what. BUT, when I try to open them with my normal viewer (PSP) it throws up the message "This is not a valid JPEG/JFIF File ! I've tried all my other imaging software but still cant open them.
What has gone wrong ? and your suggestions please, it's driving me bonkers !

brundle 17:25 06 Jul 2007

The data has been overwritten, the recovery wasn't successful. There are lots of alternatives but no guarantees;

recuva ; click here
pc inspector recovery ; click here
pci smart recovery ; click here
drive rescue; click here

amonra 20:03 06 Jul 2007

BRUNDLE
Thank you brundle, after a lot of trial and error and downloading different progs, I did manage to get the files saved.

amonra 20:09 06 Jul 2007

^

VoG II 20:34 06 Jul 2007

Do you have Microsoft Office? If so, I've found that Microsoft Photo Editor can recover corrupt files. I don't think that this is installed by default but should be in Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools on the Start menu.

amonra 20:53 06 Jul 2007

VOG
Thanks, never thought of that. I've had enough "playing" for today so wont be trying it again tonight !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?