javaScript turned off?

Barnacarry 14:21 04 Nov 2008

One day I can watch videos in Youtube and the next I get the following message -
'Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.'
I keep installing it but nothing happens, and if it's turned off where do I turn it back on again?

birdface 14:37 04 Nov 2008

Maybe better to remove both using the removal tools.Then reinstalling the latest versions.Version 6 update 10 for Java.And version 10.12.6 for Flash.

birdface 14:38 04 Nov 2008

10.0.12.6 for flash I should have said.

birdface 14:41 04 Nov 2008
  birdface 14:47 04 Nov 2008

Or run the uninstaller and then reinstall it.click here

Barnacarry 15:03 04 Nov 2008

Hi buteman.
The forum said -

Answer

I had exactly the same problem. I tried all the stuff I saw on other threads but the one thing that worked for me was this:-
Navigate to the Main Flash folder on your Hard Drive:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

Inside that folder you should see a small Executable file named "FlashUtil9d.exe". Make sure you are online and execute that Utility and
allow it to update the Flash Player."

I do not have an .exe file at all, so I'll follow your last entry and uninstall it and try again. Thanks. Ill let you know.

Barnacarry 15:30 04 Nov 2008

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled Java Flash10a.ocx, FlashUtil10a and the uninstall_activX files but to no avail. According to the forum there was supposed to be an .exe file as well but this is missing.

Barnacarry 16:24 04 Nov 2008

I also tried the following from Microsoft -

Internet Explorer ActiveX settings
Browser security settings should be chosen by you or by your system administrator. For single users who do not have an administrator, the Medium: Default Level allows you to view Flash content. For any Custom Level, ensure that both the "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" options are set to "Prompt".

To change your security level:

Open Internet Explorer.
Choose Tools > Internet Options.
Select the Security tab.
Select Custom Level.
Find the section "ActiveX controls and plug-ins".
Set ' Download Signed ActiveX Controls' to Prompt.
Set 'Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins' to Prompt.
If you are having trouble installing, make sure that your Internet Explorer security level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow viewing of ActiveX controls.

For troubleshooting Adobe Flash Player for IE visit - click here

Nothing works so I've gone back to Firefox.
Thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?