Java Appelet 1.3.1

Daisy22 14:52 19 Nov 2003

I've just changed my ISP. My online banking feature worked perfectly with the old ISP but I cannot access it with the new ISP. It goes into the home page, I type in my codes etc. then I get a message come up saying "loading Java Appelet" then it comes back with an error message (which I have trouble understanding as it's in French). I have tried several things like Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced, over-riding both types of cookies but still it doesn't access it. I have Windows XP, my version of microsoft outlook is 6 (but I don't use outlook express as I've always had some problems with this, my ISP is now Wanadoo and everything else seems to work fine.

Bald Eagle 18:59 19 Nov 2003

Can you help this lady folks? You cured my similar problem a few weeks ago but the cure doesn't seem to work for her. I recommended this site to her,so fingers crossed you'll find her a cure!

johnnyrocker 19:06 19 Nov 2003

check if in tools/internet options/settings you have use a proxy server ticked, if so untick it as the banking systems have upgraded their security and takes exception to certain server types.

johnny.

Bald Eagle 23:14 19 Nov 2003

^ bump

Daisy22 10:24 20 Nov 2003

I'm sorry Johnny Rocker, I tried what you suggested but I couldn't find anything that mentioned proxy server? I went through tools/I O/settings as you said. Perhaps it might be somewhere else?

Daisy22 17:29 20 Nov 2003

Tried the Control Panel way, the proxy settings weren't ticked anyway so I don't think that is the problem. Any other suggestions anyone?

Bald Eagle 18:24 20 Nov 2003

^ BUMP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)