I've worked it out...

pj123 13:26 03 Dec 2003

We get lots of postings that suddenly appear as "resolved" without any explanation, like which response solved the problem. I have found that if you post a "thank you" or "the response that solved the problem was" etc. and tick the resolved box and click on resolved then your response does not get entered. You have to post your response first and then go back into the post and tick as resolved. So maybe we shouldn't be too hasty making comments about members who don't let us know who or what solved their problem. I only put this up because I was about to do just that with two postings recently ticked as resolved with no explanation.

denchris 13:46 03 Dec 2003

Hear, hear, that happened to me when I first joined this forum . . . I soon realised it but felt a bit put out at first . . .

alcudia 13:50 03 Dec 2003

Well mentioned. I noticed this a while back. Bit of a nuisance though.

rawprawn 16:00 03 Dec 2003

I'm glad you spotted that, it is annoying when a problem is solved and we don't necessarily know how. It's good to know for future reference besides the thank you.

john-232317 16:13 03 Dec 2003

Yeah as soon as you tick the box, and click resolved it deletes your message from the box.

It has been mentioned a times in other posts though but it still happens.

byfordr 16:16 03 Dec 2003

Must admit I lost a few messages before I worked it out. Now I either post first or tick as resolved then post. Always doing a control c and keeping the data in the buffer just incase.

Darzie 17:33 03 Dec 2003

I too tender my sincere aplogies to those who replied to my question on:-
"Installing Primax Colorado USB 9600" to XP
I have taken billliv advice and as such purchased a "Visioneer'One Touch scanner"
Thanks to all who replied.
Darzie

Darzie 17:33 03 Dec 2003

I too tender my sincere aplogies to those who replied to my question on:-
"Installing Primax Colorado USB 9600" to XP
I have taken billliv advice and as such purchased a "Visioneer'One Touch scanner"
Thanks to all who replied.
Darzie

cable-ties 17:42 03 Dec 2003

Thanks pj123. I thought it was just me doing something wrong.
Maybe we can get a response/explanation from the all knowing F.E.
Its only a small annoyance on an otherwise damn good site.
Cheers, im off for a pint of dizzy juice.

pj123 15:34 07 Dec 2003

Hopefully we now know it is a case of post your response first then go back in and tick as resolved. I will do exactly that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?