iTunes problem

Chas49 14:44 18 Jan 2009

My friend in Canada is having trouble with iTunes loading - it takes up to 3 minutes - occasionally more!

I have downloaded iTunes to test it for myself and find that it loads within 3 seconds.

I have advised her to do a fresh install but can you think of any other cause ?

I have looked through previous posts on the subject of iTunes but can't find anything relevant.

bionicle 15:50 18 Jan 2009

It can depend a bit on the size of your music library. I have around 70GB on an external drive and this takes about 50 sec to a minute to load.

Chas49 17:10 18 Jan 2009

bionicle:

Thanks for you input. She probably has a lot of data. Whilst I was on the phone to her she loaded iTones - it took quite a long time - she then said that it had files there (around 1300) that she hadn't downloaded and then proceeded to erase them. Of course I have no idea what she has done - hence the advice to uninstall and then reinstall the program and start from scratch. It seems that this would be wisest in the circumstances - given my experience when I downloaded and installed it this should work - providing of course that she hasn't picked up any nasties in her web travels. She has AVG and I have told her to do a scan.

I'm awaiting a reply to see if that was effective.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?