Itunes Music on XP and a Back-up process ?

Giggle n' Bits 23:50 01 Aug 2008

Need to reinstall XP Home on my older laptop with XP Home, I got a Ipod and use Itunes v7 but do not want to loose any of my music or library. Is there a way to actually back-up itunes music and then put it back in My Music - Itunes folder with no loss ?

I did find something similar on Itunes website but it didnt seem to mention back-up things.

Giggle n' Bits 09:46 02 Aug 2008

I will try again as I posted fairly late last night. I am going to have to re-install XP Home SP2.

I have a 80GB Ipod using Itunes v7. I need to be able to back-up/Save all my music in Itunes inc libary so I can put it back onto my machine when windows is re-installed again.

Does anyone happen to know which article at Apple support does what i am asking as I now have 3 options and unsure which is the correct procedure.

I greatfully Appreciate any help offered.

keverne 10:10 02 Aug 2008

Same as moving it to a new PC

click here

Giggle n' Bits 10:19 02 Aug 2008

U Star !!!

I found 3 different options, inc this one but the wording in the other 2 put me off and confused me. American Lingo to blame I would say, but the title in your link says what I require.

Thank U, I will try it later after shopping trip.

Giggle n' Bits 15:26 03 Aug 2008

So far followed the instruction and made the back-up to the Ipod. Will be restoring back shortley hope everything works.

Giggle n' Bits 22:23 04 Aug 2008

Yep it worked !!!!

Chuffed, all my tunes intact. Must say the instructions micing MAC with Windows was a little poor but reading ahead then going back made it more sense. At least my tunes are safe

So thanks daconnor U Star for link and help. Much Appreciated !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?