iTunes can't (won't) play this file

Yimbo 15:22 16 Nov 2016
Answered

I have downloaded a series of 10 talks from a much previously used site, which I clicked: "send to iTunes", but though showing that the file is in my iTunes library, I can't find it! More to the point, when I click "play" or "open" the iTunes Player just goes to "Recently added" with no sign of the file. Under "Properties" it's given as "iTunes Media Player (zip)". Maybe if I unzip, this would solve the issue, but I don't know how to do this! Any advice, help appreciated!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 16 Nov 2016

If your using windows 10, right click it and select extract from the menu.

or use Peazip to extract the files.

Yimbo 16:52 16 Nov 2016
Answer

Thanks FruitBat/\0/\ - - But I'm using Windows 8:1. From my initial quick look at Peazip, it all seems very complex - i.e. beyond my skill levels ...!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 16 Nov 2016

A zipped folder is just like any ordinary folder, in that you double-click it to see what’s inside.

If you double-click one of the files you find inside, however, Windows opens up a read-only copy of it—that is, a copy you can view, but not edit. To make changes to a read-only copy, you must use the File - Save As command and save it somewhere else on your hard drive first.

Note: Be sure to navigate to the desktop or the Documents folder, for example, before you save your document. Otherwise, Windows saves it into an invisible temporary folder, and you may never see it again.

To decompress only some of the icons in a zipped folder, just drag them out of the archive window; they instantly spring back to their original sizes. To decompress the entire archive, right-click its icon and choose Extract All from the shortcut menu (or, if its window is already open, click the “Extract all files” link on the Ribbon). A wizard asks you to specify where you want the resulting files to wind up.

Yimbo 09:45 17 Nov 2016

Thanks again, Fruit Bat/\0/\ - - Your info was very useful! I've now got the file unzipped, and able to play in iTunes. I'm really grateful for your time and help! You've given me an excellent tutorial!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs smartphones Honor