iTunes 9.0.3 upgrade prevents PC playing music

WaTcHiNg 18:05 28 Feb 2010

Since upgrading to iTunes 9.0.3 I have noticed that when I plug in my iPod nano, I receive an error stating that the iPod contains unauthorised content amd I should re-authorise my computer. I then enter my apple store details and receive an error -42408.
I am now unable to play any content purchased from Apple's store. Worst still, iTunes has deleted all purchased content from my iPod and I can no longer play it on my PC.

Roll on 2 days and I read a few forums and now realise that if I start iTunes and THEN plug in my iPod I do not receive the message and can play any of the tunes on my PC and re-sync them all to my iPod. Have apple really messed up their 9.0.3 upgrade or what? I see many people in various forums having the same problem.

Has anyone got a fix yet? I always plug in my iPod and allow it to open iTunes rather than opening iTunes and then plugging in my iPod. How can I fix apple's bad programming update to allow this to continue?

gengiscant 09:52 01 Mar 2010

Heres some info,scroll down where there seems to be a fix.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)