is it worth me upgrading?

Si Forster 22:18 03 Jun 2017

Hi i have been thinking of upgrading my laptop, i fancied a gaming laptop (not a mega expensive one though about 800/900 quid is my limit). being a fan of hp i went in search of a hp laptop, i came across the HP Omen 15-ax202na, looking through the specs i realised i didnt know the specs of my current HP Pavilion 15-p199sa 15.6" Laptop, so i looked them up. can someone explain to me the differences between the laptops and if its worth the upgrade? my one has a Intel® Core™ i5-4288U the one im thinking of buying has a Intel Core i5 (7th Gen) 7300HQ / 2.5 GHz is there much differnce between these processors? they both have 8gb ram both have the same size screen my current one has a bigger hard drive and it doesnt look like the new one even comes with a disc drive

sorry to waffle on

can someone tell me if this laptop is worth twice the price of my current one

Jollyjohn 07:56 04 Jun 2017

The Hp Omen has an SSD + 1TB hard drive. The SSD should be quicker to boot. Also the Omen has a good dedicated graphics chip with it's own RAM, your current laptop probably uses some of the 8GB RAM for graphics. Overall it looks a nice laptop.

rdave13 12:16 04 Jun 2017

Agree with Jollyjohn. Just a further expense would be to buy an external DVD drive if needed. click here .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

Best Mac video editors

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts