It won't go away--ePrompter

spuds 23:32 21 Apr 2004

A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded ePrompter from Tiburon Technology Inc.Having had problems with my computer, I decided to uninstall this programme via XP Home add/remove. All seemed to go according to plan, but it hasn't, as the programme keeps appearing as a Microsoft report error. I have made various checks, including using another add and remove programme, but ePrompter cannot be found, and according to these checks ePrompter is not on my computer, but it as to be, according to the error reports.

Can any please advice, on a method in finding this 'hidden' programme.

SANTOS7 00:18 22 Apr 2004

TOTAL UNINSTALL DIRECTIONS

FIRST, go to the main screen and click "Menu"; click on "Help" and click "Uninstall ePrompter" and complete the uninstall by clicking "okay" in the right places. If you no longer have the ePrompter screen available, simply move on to the next step.

NEXT, go and click your computer's general "start" button, go to "Find", go to "files or folders" - put "eprompter" in the "named" box, and click "Find Now". When the results come up, click the "edit" tab in the "Find: All Files" box and click "Select All" and then hit the delete button on your keyboard. Say "Okay" to the question about wanting to remove all files.

NEXT, go to "start" go to "Find", go to "files or folders" - put "epsetup" in the "named" box, and click "Find Now". When the results come up, click the "edit" tab in the "Find: All Files" box and click "Select All" and then hit the delete button on your keyboard. Say "Okay" to the question about wanting to remove all files.

NEXT - and this only has to be done if you used the ePrompter screensaver - go to "start" go to "Find", go to "files or folders" - put "epsaver" in the "named" box, and click "Find Now". When the results come up, click the "edit" tab in the "Find: All Files" box and click "Select All" and then hit the delete button on your keyboard. Say "Okay" to the question about wanting to remove all files.reboot. taken from another forum hope it helps

spuds 00:46 22 Apr 2004

Thanks Santos7 for that. Nothing showing at first stage, so I will work from stage 2 and see if I can get rid of this little lurker, once and for all.

SANTOS7 01:23 22 Apr 2004

let me know how it goes, good luck

spuds 15:03 23 Apr 2004

Thanks Santos7-- I played around a little, using your suggestions, and I think the problem as been solved. Still a mystery as to why the two add/remove programmes didn't remove the ePrompter programme.

Thanks again. Will now tick subject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?