Is it a Virus?

dfritter 10:01 05 May 2004

Every time i shut down my computer it shows that RNA ADMIN is not shutting down do i want to end program. I also seem to be using 97% of the CPU when running only one programme and word seems to be very slow. My virus checker reports no problems is it a virus?

boot-it-out 10:16 05 May 2004

Assuming your Virus databse is current then hopefully not !

Try searching your PC using the "Find Files" or "Search" feature from your Windows start menu and enter RNA ADMIN to see where this file is located.
This may provide a clue e.g. if it appears in a Program folder you don't recognise then it could be some sort of Spyware or similar and you can then deal with it / uninstall it...

You can also try the good old CTRL-ALT-DEL to see exactly what programs are running on your PC and hogging the CPU usage.

Good luck !

Alan M

Gongoozler 10:19 05 May 2004

rna is associated with dial-up networking, but I can't help much more than that. What version of Windows are you using?

Fritters 18:29 06 May 2004

Windows XP Home with ZOnelabs firewall and Panda anti virus.

Gaz 25 18:48 06 May 2004

I dont think this is a virus, since RNA is dial up networking subsystem, and you are running a good up-to-date antivirus.

I wouldnt know really why it is doing that, though one suggestion could be to ensure you disconnect using the right click > disconnect on any open internet connections before shutting down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?