Is it possible

rawprawn 18:35 04 Jun 2006

To send deleted entries in C:to a recycle bin in D:

rawprawn 18:37 04 Jun 2006

Not quite what I meant, delete entries from C: and send the deleted the files to D:

amonra 18:46 04 Jun 2006

Why not just drag-and-drop from C to D ?

rawprawn 18:51 04 Jun 2006

Because I want to wipe the deleted files, and D: is much smaller than C: and therefore takes less time

VoG II 18:52 04 Jun 2006

Why not hold down Shift and press delete to bypass the Recycle Bin altogether.

woodchip 18:56 04 Jun 2006

He is wanting to save what's in the Recycle bine to D drive. Sounds like he want's to clear C:\

rawprawn 19:02 04 Jun 2006

They are private financial files, and I want to "Erase them" I do this on a fairly regular basis and it takes about 1hour normally, "Erase free space". I was just trying to find out if there is a quicker way. These are not illegal in any way, but I feel happier with them beyond recovery as some are not my files but people to whom I have given advice.

De Marcus™ 19:03 04 Jun 2006

I use this free tool click here

Right click and erase. Very quick too.

rawprawn 19:12 04 Jun 2006

Thaank you for that, I already have that version and I use it. However being a paranoid android I still wipe free disc space occasionally and that is what takes the time. This is not desperate, but I just wondered if what I had suggested was possible, since it seemed to me to be practical.

rawprawn 19:13 04 Jun 2006

Precisely!

rawprawn 19:24 04 Jun 2006

To clarify the situation I run a program called Clean Disc Security click here
If I use this program to wipe free space on my C: drive it akes about 50 minutes using a simple wipe for 80 gb. I have a partition F: which is only 5.7gb, if instead of deleting to C: I could delete to F: wiping the partition would be quicker.
As I said it's not really important, but I felt it was an ineresting poser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)