Issues with WIFI signal throughout Listed property

Hlowen 22:39 12 Apr 2018

Hi

I was hoping someone could help me. We live in a really old cottage and as such the walls are extremely thick. Our router is in the dining room at the front of the property (where the phone line is) and we are struggling to get a decent WiFi signal in the study which is at the back of the property. Any suggestions on what we can use to overcome this or boost the signal?

Thanks in Advance

Helen

wee eddie 23:29 12 Apr 2018

If your mains wireing is fairly modern a Homeplug, or Powerline, System should do the trick

lotvic 21:26 13 Apr 2018

Yep, Homeplugs/powerline adapters are good, even got my Freeview PVR plugged into one. TechAdvisor Reviews The best powerline adapters for 2018

click here

Hlowen 09:40 14 Apr 2018

That is brilliant, thanks both so much for taking the time to help. I will give that a go.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?