Issue with performance and GPU turning off

Thyler Dow 19:21 17 Jun 2018

Hello there,

I have a problem in terms of my PC.

It all begins when my GPU starts to act strange. During normal work (couldn't find the way to simulate it) the GPU just turned off (black screen), the fans run at 100%, however rest of the system worked fine (music, I/O operations, etc).

It happens randomly. Sometimes when I use browser, sometimes when I play, sometimes when I develop.

It happened few times so I'm a bit worry.

I've tried to do some tests using OCCT however the results do not tell me, what is really wrong.

When I run:

• CPU: OCCT, CPU: Linpack, GPU: 3D - everything runs nice and smooth,
  • POWER SUPPLY - it runs for like 10-15sec, then it freeze for few seconds and continue over and over. When it freeze, you can't do nothing except mouse move. In the following link you can see the results of mine 20min test of Power supply: click here PC specs:

• Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 2x8GB, 3200MHz, CL16

• AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GameRock Premium 11GB GDDR5X
  • MSI B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
  • XFX Black Edition XTR 650W

I have no idea what other tests should I perform in order to get know, what's is wrong and which part should be send for RMA.

Can someone help me with that? It makes me doing my work more difficult then it should be.

Best wishes, Thyler

My

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple