ISP ADDRESS ?

BLUELEN 18:05 31 Mar 2006

Where can I find what my ISP address is please as I have just come home and the children inform me of problems with the PC, as it just shut down unexpectantly.Now the firewall(zone alarm ) is saying that a new network IP 192.168.0.0 has been detected, so I would like to check what the other one is. I couldn't access the internet at first but on checking the connection settings I noticed that the dial a connection was unticked. Also at present can't receive email as message says tcp/ip connection unexpectantly terminated by server. Grateful for any help. Thanks

recap 20:35 31 Mar 2006
  lozparry 22:36 31 Mar 2006

need to know your set up? adsl? use a router? is it wireless and is this enabled?
192.168.0.0 is a private IP range not on the internet
to find out your ISP address the only thing I can think of is website click here
this has your IP top right.
If you have a router and a admin page in there will be the ISP address if you have one?
Could you have lost you internet connection call the ISP helpline?

hope that helps

BLUELEN 22:57 31 Mar 2006

Thanks for help Have found IP address. think a virus might have been causing problems as antivirus has just removed c:\bla.exe which apparently is a trojan. Anyway email is back and things seem to be ok for now ! Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?