ISDN Intel Pro/100 Network Connection

dms05 14:02 20 Jan 2006

My WiFi ISP has just changed the protocol on my laptop. One effect is it's now reporting 'dial up' connection as ISDN-Intel Pro/100 Network Connection. My LAN card is Intel Pro/100. I don't have an ISDN device on my laptop so this may be a virtual device. They seem to have used RASPPPoE 098B and left a folder on my laptop containing the files. I'd like to install the same connection on my other laptop. How do I do it?

mgmcc 18:48 20 Jan 2006

<<< My WiFi ISP has just changed the protocol on my laptop. >>>

How did they change the protocol? Did they send you a file to install or send you to a website for a download?

dms05 19:23 20 Jan 2006

mgmcc - their engineer visited and manually changed the settings (I wasn't there at the time and no one asked him to change the other laptop I sometimes use) the only evidence of his visit is (i) the protocol has changed (ii) I have a folder RASPPPoE that I didn't have before! Any thoughts?

dms05 19:43 20 Jan 2006

mgmcc - I've solved the problem. The Folder RASPPPoE contains an EXE file. I've run this and it creates the ISDN Intel Pro/100 Network Connection. The RASPPPoE web site click here . Thanks for replying!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts