Isass.exe file - can some please help

microman 19:40 24 Feb 2005

Hi all.I have just run my virus scan and it has come up with Isass.exe in my win32 folder and is saying that it is a virus.I have been onto the windows site and run the Malicious virus scan and it said my computer is clean.I then run the sasser worm removal tool and that has found nothing.I have already downloaded the windows fix for this.Why am I getting this and why is it in my task manager when I open it,Has every one got this file?Please can some one help

Diemmess 19:43 24 Feb 2005

A file you don't want.
click here

LeadingMNMs 19:44 24 Feb 2005

Not sure if you've made a typo -

isass click here
lsass click here

microman 20:14 24 Feb 2005

The one on my system is Isass.exe not isass.exe.Will this make a diff- I have been told that Isass is not a virus but why does my virus scan pick it up?

stalion 20:26 24 Feb 2005

Isass.exe is a legitimate windows file. isass.exe is a virus.Try a independant scan
click here

Dorsai 20:36 24 Feb 2005

The confusion seems to arise partly because there are two files with very slightly different names.

isass click here

and lsass click here

The first is an I (between H and J)

the second an l (between k and m)

In some windows fonts a capital I looks the same as lower case l. A ploy by the virsu writer to confuse the PC owner...

Dorsai 20:45 24 Feb 2005

In the standard XP font a capital I (h...J) is the same as a lover case l (k...m) click here

microman 21:14 24 Feb 2005

Thanks all.I have re-scanned my pc with another check & it has come up ok.Thanks again for your help.

soowot 23:14 24 Feb 2005

i have experienced the virus isass.exe, it was a type of WORM (bropia) that is circulating on Msn Messenger. Have you got any of these copies of the virus on your c:drive??
Beautiful Ass.pif
John Kerry as Super Chicken.scr
Kool.pif
Me & You pic!pif
Me Pissed!pif
Sexy.pif
She Could Fit Her Ass In A Teacup.pif
She's F----- Fit.pif
Titanic2.pif
Hopefully you will not find any of these on your system, I had to have my pc wiped in order to regain use of it!!I am not clever enough to attempt it myself so I am more cautious than I was before.

soowot 23:15 24 Feb 2005

i have experienced the virus isass.exe, it was a type of WORM (bropia) that is circulating on Msn Messenger. Have you got any of these copies of the virus on your c:drive??
Beautiful Ass.pif
John Kerry as Super Chicken.scr
Kool.pif
Me & You pic!pif
Me Pissed!pif
Sexy.pif
She Could Fit Her Ass In A Teacup.pif
She's F----- Fit.pif
Titanic2.pif
Hopefully you will not find any of these on your system, I had to have my pc wiped in order to regain use of it!!I am not clever enough to attempt it myself so I am more cautious than I was before.

THE TERMINATOR 00:43 25 Feb 2005

click here ....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts