Isass.exe Error.The endpoint format is invalid???

adfather 16:14 12 Jun 2008

HI GUYS...my machine is down...cannot boot into Windows XP. The boot up proceedure takes me through initial stages then onto a black screen and the above error message. I can access windows in safe mode...have tried recovery but still get error message. Checked on line but messages seem confused. i have tried a series of suggesteed reg edits but the result is still the same. Any suggestions?
Cheers.

skidzy 17:36 12 Jun 2008

Isass.exe can be disguised as a virus;run your anti virus in safemode.

Alternatively,try a repair if you have a windows disk click here

If no disk,you may have a recovery/restore partition,we will need to know the make and model of the computer.

How old is the computer ?
Did you install windows ?

From safemode,check to see if you can see a recovery partition.

In safemode;
Start / right click my computer / manage / storage / disk management / post back what is listed.

NewestRoyWidd1 17:37 12 Jun 2008

Does this help?click here

adfather 14:30 13 Jun 2008

After a long night -hours of fighting with safemode, running spyware and finding nothing, reg checkers etc...seems the problem relates to an piece of software loaded yonks ago...Ashampoo Power-up XP and probably System Mechanic Pro 7.(could also be related to a recently loaded pisce of Maxter software. Whichever it was I do not really know...defaulting one and switching the off cleared the boot up...I then resorted the reg out using regcure and we seem to be up and running... i say seem as the boot up feels very slow... probbably due to the massive udates on spybot and adaware that I loaded to check for viral problems.
Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?