iPod Digital MusicPlayer

tonyx1302 16:30 22 Jun 2003

Many thanks Agent Smith,Ironman,Legolas etc for all your help on Addresses's. You've solved my problem... Next problem, our son wants to buy a iPod Digi Music player to transfer his medium sized cd collection on to. 1....Are they easy to understand and how easy and how long does it to take download music.(WE HAVEN'T GOT BROADBAND). 2, What model should we be buying. We are a family of complete novices to Pc and the Internet so any basic help and advice would once again be gratefully recevied

tonyx1302 20:00 22 Jun 2003

Thanks Spider Mike.Very helpful info.Regarding the Firewire port/card. Can I install it myself( I am a complete novice) or should someone like PCWorld do it,or should I go for the USB2 cable. Does the cable just connect from the Pod to a USB port on my pc tower? My son is thinking of the 15GB machine and they only made by Apple? Once again ,thanks for any help you can give.
Tony

tonyx1302 20:19 23 Jun 2003

Spider Mike. Many thanks once again for you expertise. I am going to put you on my Xmas card list!!! As you instructions are so well laid out, I am going to install(try) the firewire myself. I am going to order the iPod direct from Apple as no one else has the 15Gb machine in stock and this machine comes with Firewire and docker plus some other goodies and their site states ten day delivery.Once again Mike,thanks for your help and time.I wouldn't have got this far without your help.I will get back to in about ten days time when I have ordered ,received and mastered the machine.My son will be very impressed with my IT knowledge (Courtesy of you!!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)