Ipod In A Car.....

geezer13 09:24 31 Aug 2003

I am about to take delivery (11 Sept) of a new Renault Clio and I would like to put my Ipod into it.

The model of Ipod I have uses a standard earphone out and you can get one of those cassette adaptors from argos but the stereo I have is a CD player so that is kinda ruled out. What I really need to know is if my renault car stereo has an "aux" input so I can get an adaptor from headphone out to whatever the stereo has on the back of it. When you buy the car you get the option to install a 6 cd changer so there is obviously some kind of aux input to the stereo but will an Ipod fit?.

I would have a look at it but I dont receieve the car until 11th Sept.

Is there anyone out there who has fitted an Ipod to a car in this way? I would love to hear from you!

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:16 31 Aug 2003

There should be at least one AUX on the rear of the CD box. However I found a pic by pic guide to mounting an Ipod in teh car..click here

click here is a brilliant gadget for using an Ipod with your FM radio...I suspect that plod on wheels will have a fit if you use it in the UK;-))

click here more how to pics.

click here has loads of info. Any half decent car sound installation company will be able to set it up for you.

G

geezer13 12:29 31 Aug 2003

Thanks Gandalf, much appreciated mate!!

Elvenator 16:28 07 Mar 2005

Hi
Can anyone recommend a good fm transmitter for my new mini ipod? I want to use it in my car and through home stereo mainly. I've looked on Ebay and there are several kicking about, but I have no idea which one is the best!
Cheers!
Elve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?