Iplate question?

absent 21:17 14 Dec 2008

I have little doubt that this device will improve your broadband speed,but am willing to be proved wrong if told it is not possible to achieve the same result by disconnecting the no longer necessary bell wires on the front plate of the BT master socket & extension sockets. If you have filters in all your sockets all you require are the wires on terminals 2 and 5 of all sockets. I had a drastic drop in speed caused by a poor connection on the master front plate, I rectified this and at the same time disconnected any unnecessary wires, my speed is back to normal and my ISP has said by tomorrow afternoon I should see an increase of aprox 500kbps.

Switcher 21:31 14 Dec 2008

I fitted the Iplate noticed no difference. After a few days took it off and examined the back of the master socket and discovered that bell wires had already been disconnected. Concluded that removal of bell wires serves same purpose as fitting Iplate.

absent 22:02 14 Dec 2008

Thanks Switcher for conforming my suspicion. I would say the Iplate is a great idea for people that do not feel confidant enough to modify their internal connections.

Stuartli 23:18 14 Dec 2008

This link explains where the iPlate will make no difference:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?