IP address automatically blocked (SQL injection?)

euro 21:22 27 Jul 2019

Since a few months I notice that occasionally when I am browsing on a website, after some time a network failure occurs. Because of this the website that I visit subsequently automatically blocks my IP address. I have contacted one of the websites on which I ws automatically blocked and they say their server log shows that there was an SQL injection (or at least that is what the server thought it was) from my IP address and therefore it blocked me. My computer is free of virusses and malware so it is not possible for there really to have been an SQL injection. Does anyone have an idea what may cause this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:22 28 Jul 2019

What antivirus, antimalware do you use?

Do you clear your internet cache and remove cookies at the end of each session? It's easy for hackers to hide SQL code to infect your machine in something like a cookie.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)