Hot Topics

We regret to inform you that the PC Advisor Forums are now closed, and you are unable to post new comments or conversations. If you have a question about the forums, please contact us.

Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

Anon-330448 22:37 09 Jul 2007

Of late I have been getting the above error message on this computer - Window XP Home.

I have trawled the net only to find the most relevant thing being for Visual Studio 2005. I looked on MS knowledge base for a solution, did the necessary updates and patches. But I still keep getting the above error.

I have also conducted a full and deep scan with anti-virus, spyware, maleware, check the event viewer still nothing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

recap

Anon-330448 08:54 10 Jul 2007

Thanks for that skizy, your link doesn't show anything other than MS search page.

I do have .net on my computer.

Thanks for the train of thought, I will look for info on .Net

Anon-330448 09:33 10 Jul 2007

Thanks €dstowe, I have stinger on my system but never thought of running it as the virus scan found nothing.

Will give it a try when I get home tonight.

Anon-330448 10:02 10 Jul 2007

Cheers €dstowe

Anon-330448 19:50 10 Jul 2007

Thanks skidzy, I have Panda on my system.

Anon-330448 10:13 11 Jul 2007

Well what a pa-larva last night. I ran Stinger and it got rid of the virus/hacker (Qttask.exe). I rebooted only to find that it was back again. I re-ran Panda and my malware programs and it was still there. I then tried CWshredder, which advised me to install a new version of the program to get rid of the virus/hacker. This found it straight away and I was able to delete it. To double check I re-booted only to find it back again.

I then asked my sons if they had been on the computer. One of them admitted to opening a port on the router so he could download a movie, AAARRRGGHH!!!!!

Port closed now and an encrypted password on the router this time.

Thanks for all your help folks.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

£129 Roku Streambar Aims to Complete the Home Entertainment Experience

Apple iMac 2020 review

No, iOS 14 widgets are not spying on your iPhone

Google Pixel 5 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs

/forum/helproom-1/invalid-procedure-call-or-argument-292284/