intrnet connection trying to connect all the time

dazzling 20:00 18 Jul 2005

every time i start windows it tries to connect to the internet.it is not set to do this.i had a virusbut avg got rid of it the only thing out of the ordinary is ten references to mshta.exe inthe processes bit of device manager.is this a virus/trojan or should i be looking elsewhere.darren

VoG II 20:18 18 Jul 2005

click here

Assuming that you are on dial-up, in Internet Exploret, Tools | Internet options, Connections tab. Tick Never dial a connection.

dave-jens 20:52 18 Jul 2005

If you tick this it will "never dial!" I always have "dial my default connection." It will not connect without asking. It could be a setting.
It is probably some program that is trying to connect to the internet! It might just be a setting. Have you got Zone Alarm? That will tell you what is trying to access the internet! It could be something looking for an update. Also run a Spyware program to see if there are any rouge programs / spyware.

dazzling 08:59 19 Jul 2005

thanks guys it is set to dial my default connection.im on broadband but it appears to have fixed itself after a reboot must have been a bit of spyware left or something before i rebooted.thanks darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?