Internet Security Suite from PCA

Buchan 35 21:29 21 Jan 2005

Has anyone found that this programme is not compatible with Avast!. If so, which one do you offload?

Technotiger 21:41 21 Jan 2005

Hi mate, I have the cd, but not using it, sticking with my tried and trusted ZA/AVG.

Just noticed you have two threads running here - mighty confusing, eh what!!

I am still 'teaching' Old Person New to Comp's,
on a one-to-one level.... :-))

Cheers.

GaT7 21:46 21 Jan 2005

If you mean eScan Internet Security Suite, then it's AV component may be clashing with Avast. Try disabling Avast (also in the Startup items) & reboot to see what happens. Also, make sure to disable any other firewall you may have running.

eScan is shareware, so I would think it has a limited trial period. After the trial period is over & you don't want to keep/purchase it uninstall it & re-enable Avast (& your other firewall, if applicable). If you want to keep eScan after the trial, purchase it & uninstall Avast. G

GaT7 21:47 21 Jan 2005

For the duplicate thread click here

Dennis1 21:48 21 Jan 2005

Hi I've just seen this other post.It's not a good idea to run to AV's on your pc could cause problems, you either want avast or e-scan but not both.Dennis

Dennis1 22:26 21 Jan 2005

Thanks for your link,it get's a bit confusing when there's two running,what you've said is true e-scan has 6months free updates then you have to purchase it, so unless anyone's seriously thinking of using it and purchasing it I can't see the point you'll still have to update avast or whatever AV you're going to revert to.Dennis

Buchan 35 22:34 21 Jan 2005

Thanks for that input gang mucc appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming