Internet Problems

Ikaris 13:17 25 Jan 2004

Yesterday I was no longer able to play online games which I previously could. I can still surf web pages but any online games say check internet settings
I tried to ping google but got an error:

PING: transmit failed, error code 65.
ping statistics are:
packets: sent= 4 ,recieved= 0, lost= 4 100%loss>

This is the error message i get when i try to connect to online games:

you may be trying to connect to an invalid server. if you are using a modem you may need to connect manually, connect to the internet before connecting to the server.

I am using Tiscali Broadband on windows XP.
Any help greatly appreciated.

AndyJ 13:24 25 Jan 2004

If you live in the south-west Tiscali are currently having a connection problem which they're working on. Check their website / help / service status

Ikaris 13:28 25 Jan 2004

I have connected my internet to another pc and it worked fine its only on my pc. Thanks for the help.

Ikaris 13:31 25 Jan 2004

Im in the north east aswell.

DAG88 21:36 25 Jan 2004

try disabling your firewall or reconfiguring it incase it is blocking too many ports somehow

AndyJ 21:53 25 Jan 2004

Have a look here click here

Ikaris 15:54 26 Jan 2004

i went on to the link you said and i did have zonealarm and i uninstalled it and then it didnt work but the other thing the (ics feature is enabled) i done know how i can change that do you know where i can disable the ics feature?

961 19:06 26 Jan 2004

I have seen many complaining of poor internet access in the last few days, many complaining of BT Openworld

I usually connect at between 48000 and 52000 Kps.This weekend I have been down to 44000 and today to 28000/30000. Most sites have been a waste of time, so I can only guess, having checked all my settings that some hacker is having a go at the internet

Speeds are slightly up tonight, but all my ISP's are affected, including Freeserve and Tiscali

Surely can't be the weather?

961 08:35 27 Jan 2004

Back to 50.6Kps this morning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?