Internet Optimizer navigational error

uskfisherman 10:47 25 Oct 2003

Help please. For a while now I am continually plauged with this "horror" appearing when I try to go to referred site. EG I get an E Mail from PC Advisor to take part in a survey, and yet again all I get when I click here is nav Error. I also get it when I am asked to click here on Hotmail. Can anyone help please? I run Windows ME IE 6. I also had an optimizer installed "rocket" but I have uninstalled this without any effect. Here'hoping.

Jester2K II 11:01 25 Oct 2003

Internet Optimsiser is Spyware.

Remove it with Adaware click here and / or Spybot click here

uskfisherman 12:01 25 Oct 2003

Jester 2.
Many thanks. I installed Spybot from a disc but this made no difference. I then uninstalled and went to Registry and deleted optimizer. I suppose this is OK, at least click here now does work. I only hope I have not created problems for the future.

VoG II 12:08 25 Oct 2003

click here for full removal instructions.

uskfisherman 12:50 25 Oct 2003

Vog. Grateful thanks this is the first time I have understood what is taking place. Earlier this week I picked up 2 Trojan viruses connected with this optimiser. Norton got rid of one but the other in the blooming active alert took some getting rid of. In the end the only I disposed of it was by using BC Wipe. Again many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)