Internet of NTL BB playing up?

cdb 19:49 14 Oct 2003

Since about 1905 this evening, the internet has been terrible. Slow access to every site I've tried assuming it even finds them. The NTL page is not found, so I can't see if there's any problems with them. Anyone else having problems?

cdb 19:50 14 Oct 2003

Oh for the want of an edit key....... :-S

Lozzy 19:54 14 Oct 2003

NTL BB is playing up BADLY

cdb 19:56 14 Oct 2003

It seems to be very choosy then. I can get some sites ok, but others are playing up big style. Even this one is very slow.

accord 20:01 14 Oct 2003

mines fine, i think it depends on what servers you are assigned to

accord 20:08 14 Oct 2003

there is alot of maintenance being carried out this week

click here i expect this is the problem.

jazzypop 20:10 14 Oct 2003

Taken from the current Status page at NTLworld. If they are doing DNS server maintenance / upgrades in your area, this will cause the symptoms you describe.

It should soon settle down. Frustrating as maintenance is, imagine if your ISP performed no maintenance....

"Scheduled Maintenance w/c 13/10/03

As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade our cable network, there is a requirement to carry out work on components which may result in a loss of service for the duration of the work.

On the morning of Tuesday 14th October between midnight and 6am, the following work will take place:-

New ntl:Home broadband customers attempting to register for the service will be unable to complete registration during this time due to essential database maintenance.

Maintenance on our DNS platform may result in degraded dns performance during the maintenance window. This may result in slow access to web pages, email and other services utilising dns.

ntl:Home Broadband customers in the Ware, Southampton, Derby, Port Talbot, Newark, Huddersfield, Stockton, Eastwood and Luton may lose service for approximately 30 minutes.

On the morning of Tuesday the 14th, Wednesday 15th and Thursday the 16th October between midnight and 6am, ntl:Home Broadband customers nationwide may lose service briefly due to network optimisation and configuration changes.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these planned works may cause."

Andybear 20:54 14 Oct 2003

It's playing up badly for me. Like cdb, it's very hit and miss, with some sites loading ok and some not. Also, my email isn't working. I just get a message 'No such host. Ensure that the POP3 server is correct'.

canard 21:09 14 Oct 2003

Not even a status page on mine. PCA is the only site accessible.

broggs 21:25 14 Oct 2003

same here

sock 21:36 14 Oct 2003

trouble with bt openworld anytime registering.got cut off before it could finish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)