Internet not working, please help

LAP 09:43 11 Dec 2007

Both o/s win xp

My set up is 2 computers in the same room, both wireless. My wife's is still working mine has stopped for no apparent reason.

I have changed over the USB adaptors, still the same. I have entered 192.168.1.1 the connect menu does not appear.

My Wireless Network connection on the TaskBar has a yellow exclamation beside it.

Any ideas please? Thank you.

LAP 09:54 11 Dec 2007

'My Wireless Network connection on the TaskBar has a yellow exclamation beside it.'

When I place the cursor over this it states: 'Wireless Network Connection BT Voyager'

Signal strength: Excellent

LAP 17:31 11 Dec 2007

My Wireless Network connection on the TaskBar the yellow exclamation has now gone.

When I place the cursor over this it states: 'Aquiring Network Address'

What am I doing wrong? Please....

MCE2K5 01:42 12 Dec 2007

I am not an expert but,

Try this, Right Click Wireless Network connection on the TaskBar, Click Support Tab, Then Click Repair Button.

LAP 11:10 12 Dec 2007

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work.

Now this morning I went into 'Wireless Network Connections Properties' and unticked the following:

Client Microsoft Networks
File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
Microsoft TCP/IP version 6

Leaving the following ticked.

Trend Micro Common Firewall driver
AEGIS Protcol (IEEE 802 1x) v 2.3.1.9
Interpol Protocol (TCP/IP)

As a result I was connected to the internet. Fantastic. 30 minutes later turned computer off.

Just turned computer back on. No internet exact same problem. So I went back into 'Wireless Network Connections Properties' and the settings were the same as when I was able access the internet.

Any ideas what is going on?

LAP 18:16 12 Dec 2007

Just uninstalled the USB adaptor and installed it yet again and at this very moment I have access to the internet.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOORAY

For how long who knows. I know my computer has been playing up just recently and have ordered another one yesterday.

I will tick this resolved for now. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?